Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Daughter's Letter to her Mom

My 6 year old daughter was angry with me today for sending her to her bedroom after she decided to hide from me when it was time for her to come in from playing – she also encouraged her 3 year old brother to do the same thing. While she was in her room thinking about what she had done wrong, she decided to write me a note and it said.

“Dir MoM
Sats U Ban So Min I D SIDiDDiD to snicaw t”

Needless to say I needed some help in deciphering her message to me. She had intended to say “Dear Mom, since you been so mean, I decided to sneak out.” Just like a 6 year old to tell on herself. I explained to her that if she ever sneaked out that she would be grounded for a month, not just 15 minutes or an afternoon. She thought about it and said “I don't think I'll sneak out”.

I'm sure I'll have my hands full with her as she reaches the “teenage years”. If there is anyone out there with suggestions on how to get a 6 year old to listen - I am waiting to hear something that will actually work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Corned Beef Recipe

I love corned beef and a good Ruben sandwich is a comfort food to me, so obviously I wanted to learn how to make my own corned beef.  Buying...