Thursday, October 29, 2009

Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing


I am revisiting some of my old favorites.  If you would like to try something a little different than your usual mayonnaise on sandwiches then try this tangy sandwich spread on your sandwich and turn it into a gourmet sandwich. The creamy blue cheese dressing is a smooth dressing with crumbled blue cheese throughout. It is great on BLTs, Bacon Lettuce and Avocado sandwiches and makes a great blue cheese dressing for hamburgers. Serve it on a hamburger with lettuce and tomato and your guests will be asking for more or at least for your recipe. I personally like to serve it on toasted rye bread spread generously with the blue cheese dressing and then add lettuce, 2 slices of bacon and sliced avocado on top – I then drizzle the sauce over top. It is not only delicious but is a very attractive sandwich. If avocados are not in season, or are too expensive, than you can substitute them with sliced tomatoes.

¼ cup buttermilk
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons chopped onion
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Dash
2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled – about ½ cup

Mix first 5 ingredients plus half of the blue cheese in a blender or food processor and blend on high until smooth. Then add the remaining half of the blue cheese to the mix and fold in. Spread on bread or toast.

I sometimes add cayenne powder or garlic pepper sauce for extra heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Corned Beef Recipe

I love corned beef and a good Ruben sandwich is a comfort food to me, so obviously I wanted to learn how to make my own corned beef.  Buying...